• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Slow driving is safe  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Slow driving is safe
« on: March 29, 2018, 04:10:22 AM »
Most drivers will tell you that good driving is fast and slow driving is only for beginners. But for me, slow driving is for safety. However, it is not really slow as in running at 40 kph but it depends on the kind of road. Of course, in the highway, you can run at 80 kph up to 100 kph but in secondary roads, it is safer to run at slower than 40 kph. There are children crossing and motorcycles will be there to cross your path.

Uber Lyft Chat

Slow driving is safe
« on: March 29, 2018, 04:10:22 AM »

Offline luri

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Slow driving is safe
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »
In our town, the traffic police once started an awareness campaign. The slogan read: If you drive fast, we are not sure whether you will reach the destination or not, however, if you drive slow, you will surely reach the destination. The campaign slogan became so popular that it was printed various traffic junction. The slogan says a lot of thing about road safety.

Offline jakub1

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »
There is absolutely no need to rush unless it's an emergency, always drive safe and slow and overtime you'll be more aware.

Offline jy76

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:32:14 PM »
Animals are another thing to consider. As mentioned in another thread, they are can cause things ranging from car damage to fatalities.  Anyway, on bigger roads, at least where I live in the US, fences have been set up to deter animals, especially deer.  However, though, I'm not sure of their total effectiveness.

Offline dionnextherese

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:18:55 PM »
There is absolutely no need to rush unless it's an emergency, always drive safe and slow and overtime you'll be more aware.

This is true. The road is not a car racing game that you'll need to go as fast as you can until you get to your destination. Driving slow is the safest option to avoid any accidents.

Offline overcast

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 01:59:08 PM »
Some places are safe to drive with reasonable speed. And some places where you have most of the crowd and the traffic Jam, that's where you are forced to slow down. In terms of the policy, I don't think there should be any specific time limited policy that forces drivers to speed up or down. So that part is left to the customers and the drivers at what speed they are comfortable. So I personally think reasonable speed with comfort of customer should be the priority.

Offline rz3300

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 03:10:05 PM »
Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.  I do for whatever always seem to be on the slower side of drivers that I know, and I think it partly has to do with never having that great of a car.  I would be tempted more if I had a nicer one, but maybe not now that I think about it.

Offline Ray1

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »
As matter of fact slow or fast driving doesn't make much of a difference at least in my original country as both drivers reach to the destination at almost same time. Actually our traffic conditions are such that even if you drive fast you will have to stop or slow down every 50-100 meters and by that time the slower one will catch you up. I agree it makes difference in countries where rules are strict and speed limits are followed strictly but even there the difference is not much. However, a driver within reasonable limit saves on fuel and maintains his car better.

Offline walter12

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 12:05:54 AM »
Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.  I do for whatever always seem to be on the slower side of drivers that I know, and I think it partly has to do with never having that great of a car.  I would be tempted more if I had a nicer one, but maybe not now that I think about it.
That's my view on life as a whole, there is no need to rush anything as the consequences maybe severe and not worth it

Offline Athanas

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 05:09:21 AM »
Yeah, you  better drive at a slow speed and save your life and the lives of other people.

Offline Reena

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 01:03:27 AM »
Most drivers will tell you that good driving is fast and slow driving is only for beginners. But for me, slow driving is for safety. However, it is not really slow as in running at 40 kph but it depends on the kind of road. Of course, in the highway, you can run at 80 kph up to 100 kph but in secondary roads, it is safer to run at slower than 40 kph. There are children crossing and motorcycles will be there to cross your path.
For me, slow driving is safe driving. I sometimes drive at a speed limit which is below the recommended one. I don't accept there's anything unrighteous about doing that. Speed limits signify that driver shouldn't go beyond the recommended one. There is no reason for anyone to condemn those drivers who prefer going slow.

Over and over it is said that slow driving can jeopardize everything on the road . Well, I don't accept it. Slower is alive and well. Imagine a collision between two vehicles. Higher the speed, more will be the kinetic energy, increased will be the momentum. Reaction time will be pretty less. The impact of the collision so observed will be merciless. However, slow driving prevents all of it.

Online Barida

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 08:24:35 AM »
For us to have a safe trip, we should always drive slowly especially when we are on a land that is always busy. The reason I'm saying this is simply because, we can not ride on a high speed when there are a lot of cars on the road for accidents might always occur which is very bad which is very bad for our safety and the safety of those that are on the same car with us. So driving slowly is the best way for a safe trip when we are on a busy road.

Offline rz3300

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
I also agree that for the most part it really doesn't make a difference.  I always think about passing someone and then whenever I will you look up two minutes later and there they are and everything is even.

Offline luri

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
One of the stories I remember from childhood is a story about a race between a turtle and hare. The hare is faster than turtle, however, during the race, he takes rest thinking that he will soon take over the turtle. When he wakes up turtle has already crossed the line. This lesson applies in our life too.

Offline DR KOKIL AGARWAL

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 02:01:38 AM »
Every driving area or road has its maximum speed limit. This limit varies according to the traffic, quality of road and density of population in that area. As a matter of strict rule, I never surpass the maximum speed limit. For me, staying safe is much better than rushing through things. And as the saying goes "It is always better to be late than never."...