• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Topics for conversations with passengers?  (Read 740 times)

Offline EfficientNinja

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Topics for conversations with passengers?
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:07:05 PM »
Hello, drivers!

Do you talk with your passengers? What conversation topics do you usually talk to them about? Do you talk about the news? the weather?

I also only talk to my passengers if I feel they are open or are comfortable talking with me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:43:03 PM by admin »

Uber Lyft Chat

Topics for conversations with passengers?
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:07:05 PM »

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Topics for conversations with passengers?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
This reminds me of my cousin's story. He took 3 male passengers who look decent enough. He was engaged into a conversation about illegal things like marijuana at firgt and then drugs. It later appeared that the 3 guys were scouting for a place to buy such items. But what if those buys were cops? That was the fear of my cousin so he just kept on joking about the matter. Some cops pretend to be buyers and if the person gives a hint that he knows something about drugs then he is collared as a suspect even if there was no proof. And speaking of proof, some cops come ready with their evidence to plant.

Offline jy76

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:40:39 PM »
This reminds me of my cousin's story. He took 3 male passengers who look decent enough. He was engaged into a conversation about illegal things like marijuana at firgt and then drugs. It later appeared that the 3 guys were scouting for a place to buy such items. But what if those buys were cops? That was the fear of my cousin so he just kept on joking about the matter. Some cops pretend to be buyers and if the person gives a hint that he knows something about drugs then he is collared as a suspect even if there was no proof. And speaking of proof, some cops come ready with their evidence to plant.

That's why controversial things like drugs, politics, and religion should be off-limits.  Well, religion might seem harmless enough - but it could still make you lose customers.  Anyway, if a rider becomes too forceful about it, just politely say you don't discuss those things.

Online Barida

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »
I don't feel comfortable talking with passengers when I am driving them to a destination. The reason is that I always want to remain professional when I drive, and that has been the way I have handled my riding business and the good thing is that most of the passengers that have taken to one destination or the other I've always had good things to say about me because I am always there to deliver as possible as I can without wasting time and I always do everything that I will do to ensure that I give the possible best service that I can render to them.

Offline EfficientNinja

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »

Woah that's scary. Some cops go undercover to know where the sellers are hiding. The really bad thing is they might consider you a suspect even if you are just joking about that subject. Good thing it turned out fine.

I don't really discuss that subject with people especially to strangers.

Offline luri

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
I am not in a habit of talking to the passengers. Even when I am a passenger, I do not talk to the driver. However, there are exceptions. If the journey is very long and the person has a pleasant personality, I will always start a conversation. I start by asking questions about his home and family.

Offline DR KOKIL AGARWAL

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 10:59:19 PM »
This depends on the type of passenger you are travelling woth

Offline wallet

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:14:39 AM »
I do sometimes talk with my customers, it actually depends on the customer because some of them want to talk about anything and some prefer to stay quiet (most of them spend their time on their cell phone).

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »
I am not in a habit of talking to the passengers. Even when I am a passenger, I do not talk to the driver. However, there are exceptions. If the journey is very long and the person has a pleasant personality, I will always start a conversation. I start by asking questions about his home and family.

Like you, I will just talk with the driver for things that are related to the trip especially when it is a long trip due to distance or traffic. But for an ordinary trip, I just stick to my phone and let the driver concentrate on his driving. And sometimes the driver himself starts the conversation, it depends on the topic. If it is interesting then I engage him in a conversation otherwise I will excuse myself to use my phone.

Offline walter12

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 10:36:39 PM »
It depends, i usually don't mind aving small conversations with passengers, in that case, we talk either about movies or sports in general.

Offline Cherry

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »
The discussions varies and it totally depends on my mood and the disposition of the passenger. I love to talk about religion and striking a conversation about things that bothers on God's kingdom.

General chat or discussion is always a added discuss but I love preaching and being preached to if the passenger wants to.

Offline jy76

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 03:16:21 AM »
I'd also be careful about personal topics, besides politics etc. - cause people are sometimes touchy about them.  I mean, if what you say sounds sort of dorky and nosy, don't say it.  :)   Also, if people are drawing you into weird uncomfortable conversations, then just steer away from it as much as you can.

So have any of you been in weird situations like this?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:18:39 AM by jy76 »

Offline Athanas

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 09:11:50 AM »
If they engage me in any discussion on any topic, I will have no problem of responding to it. Politics, weather, healthy, relationships, etc.

Offline Ray1

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »
I am not in favor of drivers talking to their passengers unless must. There are various reasons for not talking to passengers but the most important is that most passengers are either planning their future business strategy while traveling or preoccupied with their own thoughts with their loved ones. Also, there is a risk of driver distracted and make some serious mistake.

Online Barida

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 12:37:15 AM »
I am not in favor of drivers talking to their passengers unless must. There are various reasons for not talking to passengers but the most important is that most passengers are either planning their future business strategy while traveling or preoccupied with their own thoughts with their loved ones. Also, there is a risk of driver distracted and make some serious mistake.

I'm of the opinion that starting a conversation with the passengers ain't the best way to go about it unless on occasions where they were the people that brought up a topic and you felt that not joining them to talk on that is not the best way to go. Aside from such occasions, I wouldn't want to talk with the passengers while driving them.