• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Do you Drive on Sundays?  (Read 816 times)

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Do you Drive on Sundays?
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »
Driving business happens to be one kind of job that don't mind the day, it literally have passengers ready to ask for for your services anytime. From Monday to Sunday there are people needing to move/travel from one place to another. There are some drivers who don't offers services on Sundays but I don't really mind doing so as long as I have gone to the church in the morning, taken my rest in the day. Anytime from 2pm down to 9pm, I'm willing to offer my services to the passengers who want it.

Do you drive on Sundays?

Uber Lyft Chat

Do you Drive on Sundays?
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »

Online Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Do you Drive on Sundays?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:03:52 AM »
Most drivers I know work on all days including Sundays and holidays for financial reasons that they wouldn't have something on the table if they wouldn't work for a day. I pity that situation because I understand their plight with the need for money. I cannot imagine myself working on a Sunday when my family expects me to be with them much more during holidays.

Offline mbuzma

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »
No, I never drive all week long. I guess I'm simply in a situation to refuse working that much, but not everyone is. There is more to life than working, and I think I would eventually go nuts if I had to work that much.

Offline saniamirza

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:09:29 AM »
It depends on the situation and mood. If i don't have to go with my family for outing on Sunday then obviously i would going for drive and earn money. Sometimes i use to drive on Sunday so i could earn more money to enjoy it on the next weekend with my family.

Online dionnextherese

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
We have the right to rest from working all week long. I never work on Sundays because I don't want to push myselt to the point that I treat myself as a robot. Sunday is my rest day and also my family day so I never work on Sundays.

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:20 AM »
Most drivers I know work on all days including Sundays and holidays for financial reasons that they wouldn't have something on the table if they wouldn't work for a day. I pity that situation because I understand their plight with the need for money. I cannot imagine myself working on a Sunday when my family expects me to be with them much more during holidays.

I think lack of life planning is the reason why such drivers who work all day long including on Sundays so that their family can eat is getting everything wrong. They solely depend on the driving job alone to feed, when they can save up and start up a sole proprietor business to be managed by the wife. At least on Sunday's, they can depend on the shop proceeds and have the man rest from driving.

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »
No, I never drive all week long. I guess I'm simply in a situation to refuse working that much, but not everyone is. There is more to life than working, and I think I would eventually go nuts if I had to work that much.

It's not a force or as a result of pressure that I work on Sundays, it's just for the fun of the job and most times I relay on demand/booking before I hit the person location and drive him to his destination and head straight back home.

Online Anachiwo

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:47:44 AM »
Sundays are my off day work, in fact I don't entertain any business calls on Sundays because it's my off day from work and the only day I get to spend some quiet, relaxing and quality time with my family. After resting at home during the day, we normally hang out with the kids and some of my close friends. I cannot come and be killing myself over working more than a crankshaft  ::) .

Offline to7update

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »
I've driven on Sundays because it's when I have more free time. Sure, I make sure to leave some time for the family, but I can drive mornings or evenings, and be with the family afternoon.

Online luri

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »
I drive in Sundays, however, only in the afternoon and evening. In Sunday morning, I will be busy with my household chores, however, I also not not want to lose an opportunity to make extra money by not working on Sunday. It is easy to get passengers in Sunday than in other days.

Offline rz3300

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »
Yes I do but even then it is still hard to bring myself into a full work mode.  I just have that voice in the back of my head that wants me to take that day off and just relax, but you gotta make some money.

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 02:20:40 AM »
We have the right to rest from working all week long. I never work on Sundays because I don't want to push myselt to the point that I treat myself as a robot. Sunday is my rest day and also my family day so I never work on Sundays.

I totally agree with you on this, the human body needs rest even if it's just a day's rest from stressing from Monday to Saturday. The Sunday should be a day of rest, even God almighty rested on the sabbath day after all his creation work. So why won't man rest from all his toiling on the 7th day? For the record, human beings are not robot, we tend to breakdown from over work, so I do advocate for more rest because our body needs it to be in good shape.

Online Anachiwo

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 06:12:25 PM »
Yes I do but even then it is still hard to bring myself into a full work mode.  I just have that voice in the back of my head that wants me to take that day off and just relax, but you gotta make some money.

You should try and resist that voice in your head that is asking you to hit the road every day including on Sundays to go and make some money. The reason why I said that you should resist the voice is to help you keep fit and healthy because should you overwork yourself and breakdown in the process, who then is to be blamed? The little amount of money that you think you have made driving on Sundays wouldn't even be enough in taking care of your health problems.

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 01:28:15 AM »
It depends on the situation and mood. If i don't have to go with my family for outing on Sunday then obviously i would going for drive and earn money. Sometimes i use to drive on Sunday so i could earn more money to enjoy it on the next weekend with my family.

The way you take to driving on Sunday is one good way to go at it. Just make it a fun thing instead of an obligation and mandatory that you must drive on Sunday. Remember, it's not always good to put money instead of family first. Get a good time out and spend some quality time with your friends and family on Sundays.

Online Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 01:31:20 AM »
Sundays are my off day work, in fact I don't entertain any business calls on Sundays because it's my off day from work and the only day I get to spend some quiet, relaxing and quality time with my family. After resting at home during the day, we normally hang out with the kids and some of my close friends. I cannot come and be killing myself over working more than a crankshaft  ::) .

Haha, you are one funny driver. I find that your statement very amusing, that you cannot come and kill yourself over working more than a crankshaft (LOL). My dear, I'm completely agree with you, rest is good for one's health. It's someone who is in a good health condition that gets to eat and enjoy the money he has made from his work.