• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: When a passenger leaves something, will you make an effort to return it?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
In the  news today is the driver of Grab whose passenger had left his cellphone. He contacted his phone but the calls were rejected, according to the passenger. After contacting the Grab office, the driver took the effort to drive back to the passenger's home to give back the phone. Hold your breath, you may not guess what happened. The passenger, after getting his phone, collared the driver and shouted for help, saying that the driver was a thief who stole his phone. The driver was mauled with a black eye and he was even forced to sign an admission that indeed he stole the phone otherwise he will not be released by the cops.

That is a crazy incident which I think will discourage drivers to voluntarily bring the left items in his vehicle to the passenger.

Uber Lyft Chat

Offline Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
Re: When a passenger leaves something, will you make an effort to return it?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:15:18 AM »
In the  news today is the driver of Grab whose passenger had left his cellphone. He contacted his phone but the calls were rejected, according to the passenger. After contacting the Grab office, the driver took the effort to drive back to the passenger's home to give back the phone. Hold your breath, you may not guess what happened. The passenger, after getting his phone, collared the driver and shouted for help, saying that the driver was a thief who stole his phone. The driver was mauled with a black eye and he was even forced to sign an admission that indeed he stole the phone otherwise he will not be released by the cops.

That is a crazy incident which I think will discourage drivers to voluntarily bring the left items in his vehicle to the passenger.

And sometimes people would be asking why aren't people doing good deeds anymore? This is practically one of the reasons people now stand idly by and ignore helping others. What wrong did this driver committed by trying to do good? Nothing to me by all justification. The passenger is an evil incarnate whose sole purpose is to reign evil in the world.

Well God wouldn't let the passenger who did that go unpunished. What goes around comes around, I know this from experience. His or her own karma is just nearby waiting to strike. Personally, what I would do after reading this incident is either take the phone to lost and found agency here or drop it at the nearest police station.

Offline Anachiwo

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »

Some people are just unbelievable with how they behave at times when another is trying to do them a favor. How can that passenger do such a thing to that kind hearted driver that brought back her phone home for her? This will definitely end that driver doing any kind of good to any passenger ever again. I'm truly disappointed with that passenger and her behavior.

Offline luri

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Until now, neither I have left valuables on a taxi car or anyone has left valuables on my car. Passengers have of course left their things on my car, however, I have always dropped these things to the nearest police station. I have heard of stories of drivers who were rewarded because they returned valuables. I have also heard of people who beat the driver black and blue because of "theft."

Offline mbuzma

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 04:28:13 AM »

That's insane. He shouldn't have signed anything.

I would try to return the passengers belongings if I could find a way to contact them. Otherwise, I would just go to the police station and leave the items there.

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »
For an update, the Grab offices said that both the owner of the phone and the driver have reported the lost phone. That means it is clear that the driver has no intention of getting the phone for himself. And the driver swore that he wanted to see the phone owner in jail. One civic lawyer had already offered his free services to the driver. Personally, I also want that abusive phone owner to be jailed.

Offline dionnextherese

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:32 AM »
For an update, the Grab offices said that both the owner of the phone and the driver have reported the lost phone. That means it is clear that the driver has no intention of getting the phone for himself. And the driver swore that he wanted to see the phone owner in jail. One civic lawyer had already offered his free services to the driver. Personally, I also want that abusive phone owner to be jailed.

If I were that driver, I would think that the passenger has a serious bad attitude. The passenger's behavior isn't appropriate at all. He should just thank him for returning the phone, and not blaming the driver for stealing his phone. In the first place, the passenger is at fault here because he was careless and irresponsible to left his phone on the car.

Offline dionnextherese

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »
As a driver, I would definitely return it unless I know where the passenger is. Otherwise, I would just report it to my company's office or just wait for the passenger to contact me.

Offline Alexandoy

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »

If I were that driver, I would think that the passenger has a serious bad attitude. The passenger's behavior isn't appropriate at all. He should just thank him for returning the phone, and not blaming the driver for stealing his phone. In the first place, the passenger is at fault here because he was careless and irresponsible to left his phone on the car.

That's exactly what the driver said that the passenger has a bad attitude and blamed him for everything. Now that the passenger is asking the forgiveness of the driver, sorry but the driver is intent on suing the passenger in saying that he wanted to see that bad guy land in jail. And I think that kind of passenger deserves a jail sentence not just for the physical and emotional damage he had caused the driver but the negative effect of his deed on the culture. Finder will now have second thoughts of returning what they had found.

Offline Heatman

• Jr. Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:15:09 AM »

Now this is a very good development to this story. I'm completely behind the stance of the driver to see the phone owner to be jailed for false accusations and assault as well as defamation of character and obstruction of the driver's business.